Total Pageviews

Welcome!

Thank you for dropping in. This is a calm place where I post articles I have written about relationships and personal issues. The articles acknowledge the fact that we all face difficult challenges at some time in our lives and we need to support each other. I hope you find them of assistance in your own joys and struggles. Please feel free to comment and I will endeavour to always reply. I wish you, your friends and families good health, nurturing relationships, the precious gift of resilience – and all the best for all of those things in the coming year.

Wednesday 6 February 2013

Sometimes enough is enough

A couple I know have just broken up. I love them both. They have struggled together for the past few years trying to make things work between them. They've had numerous counselling sessions and tried to change the way they are together, but it has always come back to both of them holding a firm belief – that things would be better if only the other would change! This reminds me of something the renowned couples therapist Harville Hendrix often says: "When a person gets married, he or she often believes, 'Ah, now we two will become one – and I will be the one!'" But no. Two remain two, ideally firmly on their own two feet and with the desire and compassion to see their own shortcomings as well as the other's point of view. Mostly it is sad when a couple who have loved each other decide to separate, especially when children are involved as they can take it very hard, but in this case it feels like a relief. I am probably not their only friend who feels that at last they will stop blaming each other for their own dissatisfaction. They tried, but there were areas where no compromise was ever going to be made. Fortunately no children were harmed in the making of this decision.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for your wonderful encouragement. I had almost decided no one was reading my blog as no one ever commented. Also I have been overseas for several months and have not posted any new articles. That will soon change. Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have encouraged me to continue posting after quite a break. Thank you for your comments, and I'm sorry I have kept you waiting. I am now back at work. All the very best to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

  3. FAST AND GENUINE LOVE SPELL CASTER TO SETTLE YOUR RELATIONSHIP OR MARRIAGE PROBLEMS OF ALL KINDS email: odionspelltemple@gmail.com or WhatsApp +2347038832903.
    Special thanks to a powerful spell caster Called Dr. Odion who brought my lost lover back with 48hours and since i contact him through email: odionspelltemple@gmail.com or WhatsApp +2347038832903. my life has turn around for good, me and my husband are the best couple in world  since i contacted this man for help through email: odionspelltemple@gmail.com or WhatsApp +2347038832903. for fast response believe me that you will find happiness when this man for work you...

    ReplyDelete